Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Therapy!


So I've gotten bitten by a wee swapping bug
and have become slightly addicted to making ATC's
Artist Trading Cards
Oh memories of all those childhood days spent trading
hockey cards and Garbage pail kids!

I love to see what others come up with
and how creative just a small little work of art can be.
I've seen a few around the web and I must say they are amazing!
Mine...
A bit average, but with a bit more time...

This one is for a Dr. Suess themed swap
Done in Watercolour and ink (my favorite medium)
I've added the quote "Keep Calm and Carry On" to the back
just for a bit of cheek!

And this one is for a Girly themed Swap
Using my favorite Amy Butler fabric and some bling.
I meant to do some sewing embellishment over this one as well,
but guess what...
You can't sew over rhinestones!
Duh!!!

my favorite part..
it's quiet, small and quick.
I can do one in the morning before the chooch wakes up
and therefor start my day creatively.
It's a way for me to practice my drawing and painting
which is seriously rusty..
Yet not have the threat of a big blank canvas staring me down!

Just wish they came with candy...
I Loved those little fish bones and boots!

1 comment:

Jody said...

I love the idea of adding rhinestones! Fantastic idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...