Friday, October 15, 2010

Bad A$$ Mama!

I'm such a rebel...YAAAAaaaaa!
well as much of one as a stay-at-home mom can be!

Yes I made the cut!...and then some more cuts...
and then some ripping, and pining, and sewing..
and a few more seam ripping...

And somewhere along the line...
a wee Jacket emerged.


It's still a work in progress
but I didn't want to leave you hanging there too much longer.

So first act of rebellion:
cutting down a beautiful 100% Cashmere overcoat

Second:
I'm participating in the Carefree Clothes for girls sew along
over at Elemental Stitches.
and am supposed to be making this....

photo taken by Elemental Stitches

Whilst I think this jacket is really cute..
it's just not what I wanted for Jax.
So I used elements of both jackets in the book and went my own way.
Something romantical and dressy.

I'm sure my mother has a stack of school notes filed away...

"Lacks focus and does not follow directions"


5 comments:

Amir B. said...

It looks amazing!

Tanya said...

Wonderful!!! :-) I couldn't resist coming over to see if you had posted any photos. Lucky me!!!

It really does look amazing - and even better for the changes. You're supposed to do something to make each month's pattern your own -- in that regard, you are a Master!! I'm eager to see more. :-)

Care said...

Amazing!! YAY for chopping; it looks fantastic! Can't wait to see more.

Melissa said...

Wow! I love how its coming together! I cant wait to see the whole thing!

amanda j said...

...Which is exactly why you are rockin' the craft world a little. ;) (BTW, my little boy is turning 3 and wanted a "knight" birthday party--which, again conveniently, my kids already have adorable crowns for, thanks to you. Wow. That was like the best trade of my life so far!) Keep up the good work!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...