Friday, February 18, 2011

Food Fight Friday - Dukkah dunk

Happy Friday Lovelies!

I suggest you add some swimmers goggles
to your protective wear today!

Today I'm slingin some Dukkah at you,
And I promise you...
it really stings if you catch it in the eye!




Egyptian Dukkah

1/2 Cup Roasted nuts (pistachio, hazelnuts, or other)
1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds
1 Tbsp dried Thyme
1 Tbsp cumin seeds
2 Tbsp coriander seeds
salt & pepper (salt not necessary if using salted pistachios)

Toast the nuts in a hot oven for approx 15 min. stirring frequently to avoid burning.

Toast the spice seeds in the same way for approx 5-10 min

Toast Sesame seeds same way, for approx 5 min

Cool and combine in food processor 3-4 min, or use a mortar & Pestle

You want a dry crumb mixture.
*If you over process, oils released from the nuts can make it slightly pasty.
That's not what you want!
Store in airtight container.

Now just grab some crusty bread and good olive oil,
grab a seat in the garden and dip dip Dukkah

(can also be used as a rub on meats, in salads....you name it)

Enjoy!

And now, Last weeks Top Slinger...

Annie
From Annies Home
takes it by a landslide


I can honestly say I have never before
been hit by Ketchup Cake!!!
You guys sling some wild stuff!

Right oh,
Arm yourselves and start slingin!

Then grab yourself a button
and maybe a shower!

Choochmagooz






6 comments:

Sally said...

Ooooo ... I love Dukkah ***SO*** much :)

Greenderella said...

Thank you for hosting this fun linky party :-))

Run DMT said...

Well, lookie here! I've found another Friday Food Fight! How cool is that?! I also host a Friday Food Fight blog hop and I would love for you to join us! I'm adding your button to my post. :-)

a moderate life said...

Hi Mari, It is alex of a moderate life and I am visiting you back from feed me tweet me follow me home friday. I am now following your blog and noticed you have a food linky! I will be right back to link something up! Please stop by a Moderate Life on tuesdays to link up to our wicked awesome hearth and soul hop! all the best! Alex@amoderatelife

a moderate life said...

Hi mari! I am back! I linked up a gluten free baked ziti using a mark bittman recipe and it turned out great! All the best! Alex

Megan Gunyan said...

This sounds delicious! And, I have never heard of ketchup cake, either! Makes me wish I could cook...even a little! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...